This 5-day Train the Trainer – Training Needs Identification & Design Level 6 Award provides learners with the knowledge, skill and competence to identify training and development needs at an organisation and or individual level.
The course is designed for both new and experienced trainers and all those involved in carrying out training and who want to achieve a recognised qualification.
Training Needs Identification and Design Certificate – Level 6 on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ)
On course completion Learners will be able to:
- Examine the internal and external environmental factors influencing training and development requirements
- Examine the impact of organisation strategy, policy, vision and mission on training and development
- Assess a range of approaches and techniques to conduct a training needs analysis
- Outline the stages in conducting a training needs analysis
- Assess a range of Instructional System Design (ISD) models
- Apply a comprehensive range of specialised skills and tools in identifying the barriers to training and attitudes to training in an organisation
- Devise a training plan based on prioritised training needs to include a cost benefit analysis
- Design a training intervention, that incorporates a range of design factors to include trainees, adult learning theories, motivation theories, objectives, exercises, training methods, learning aids, location and facilities
- Develop appropriate training content and materials using a range of learning aids to include web based facilities, software, flipcharts and handouts
- Evaluate a range of performance management approaches in the context of identifying training and development needs
- Conduct a Training Needs Analysis (TNA) to identify training and development needs for an organisation and or individual
- Identify TNA outcomes in terms of gaps in knowledge, skills and attitudes
- Project 60%
- Assignment 40%
Training Needs Identification and Design Certificate Grading:
Pass 50% – 64%
Merit 65% – 79%
- Distinction 80% – 100%
QQI Level 6 Special Purpose Award in Training and Development requirements:
In order to receive a QQI Level 6 Special Purpose Award in Training & Development you must complete both QQI Training Delivery and Evaluation (4 day course) and QQI Training Needs Identification and Design (5 day course).
If you currently hold a FETAC Train the Trainer qualification you are exempt from having to complete the QQI Training Delivery and Evaluation course and just need to complete QQI Training Needs Identification and Design in order to receive a QQI Level 6 Special Purpose Award in Training & Development
Add to your personal skill set and add more value to your company by completing a Training Needs Identification and Design Certificate with The Cpl Institute.