Our QQI Level 6 Supervisory Management Certificate programme provides learners with the relevant knowledge, skill and competence to work in a range of sectors independently in a supervisory capacity.
Supervisory Management Certificate – Level 6 on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ)
On course completion, learners will be able to:
- Summarise the duties and responsibilities of a supervisory manager, to include reference to relevant policies and services in the chosen vocational or work environment
- Evaluate up-to-date industry standards, guidelines and recommended practices that affect the work environment, to include the purpose and methods of supervision, the staff code of conduct, advantages and disadvantages of in-house and contract staff, and of membership of professional or trade associations, trade unions and/or a works committee
- Describe the precautions necessary to safeguard information and/or records
- Describe key steps required to recruit staff, to include pre-planning, methods to source and screen staff, use of an application form to shortlist candidates, and the benefits of a chosen approach5 Analyse the risks for which adequate insurance cover is recommended
- Draft a range of procedures for work-related activities, to include lines of communication with clients, colleagues and other relevant parties, procedures for maintaining effective standards of service, criteria for staff recruitment, criteria for supervisory procedures
- Devise a system for maintaining work-related records, to include operational records, a work roster for operational staff, and a maintenance schedule for equipment and vehicles
- Prepare a departmental budget, to include details of planned spending under a number of headings and of contingency spending
- Train staff, drawing on up-to-date industry standards in training using appropriate aids and supporting material, and assessing the suitability of individuals during the training session
- Carry out staff evaluations to include achievement of objectives, feedback on performance, identification of opportunities for personal development
To access programmes leading to this award the learner should have reached the standards of knowledge, skill and competence associated with the preceding level of the National Framework of Qualifications. This may have been achieved through a formal qualification or through relevant life and work experience.
Supervisory Management Certificate Grading:
- Pass 50% – 64%
- Merit 65% – 79%
- Distinction 80% – 100%
- Skills Demonstration 60%
- Portfolio / Collection of Work 40%
A skills demonstration is used to assess a wide range of practical based learning outcomes including practical skills and knowledge. A skills demonstration will require the learner to complete a task or series of tasks that demonstrate a range of skills.
Portfolio / Collection of Work
A portfolio or collection of work is a collection and/or selection of pieces of work produced by the learner over a period of time that demonstrates achievement of a range of learning outcomes. The collection may be self-generated or may be generated in response to a particular brief or tasks/activities devised by the assessor.
Add to your personal skill set and add more value to your company by completing a Supervisory Management Certificate with The Cpl Institute.