Managing People is an inherently complex and difficult job. Ensure you have the qualifications to back up your existing knowledge with our QQI Level 6 course.
Our 4-day Managing People Certificate programme provides learners with the knowledge, skill and competence to develop standards, measure performance, motivate and empower staff while working in a supervisory role.
Managing People Certificate 6N3945 – Level 6 on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ)
On course completion, learners will be able to:
- Evaluate the professional role and function of leadership in the context of a management role to include the importance of maintaining professionalism, supervisory management styles and reflective practice using a self-evaluation audit
- Appraise the impact of different styles of leadership, motivational theory and its impact on staff and the importance of good working relationships at all levels in the organisation
- Research the main provisions of Legislation, such as Employment Legislation, Health Acts and European Union Directives
- Examine the impact that culture, attitudes and values have on work practice such as, diversity issues, client confidentiality policies, patient charter and rights
- Support the diversity of the social, cultural and linguistic backgrounds of internal and external stakeholders
- Manage underperformance and deviation from agreed standards in a manner that achieves an agreed positive outcome
- Perform effectively and fairly as a team member in a supervisory management role, recognising the importance of being a positive role model
- Utilise networks and agencies in a proactive way to achieve tasks and solve problems within a multi-disciplinary framework
- Address skills and motivation deficits amongst staff through strategies such as, skills audits, clear attainable goal setting, support for continuous professional development, team building exercises and enhancement of individuals self esteem
- Organise a partnership approach to engagement with stakeholders such as professionals, networks and agencies that support the supervisory role and with trade union officials to enable the timely and constructive resolution of problems
- Utilise a range of appropriate communications styles and methods to provide management to staff and staff to management feedback in a culture that promotes engagement
- Lead through effective delegation and acting as a conduit from staff to the upper management levels.
Participants must be in the workforce over 5 years to qualify for the course
- Project 50%
- Assignment 20%
- Learner Record 30% (A learner record is the learner’s self-reported and self-reflective record in which he/she describes specific learning experiences, activities, responses and skills acquired)
Managing People Certificate Grading:
Pass 50% – 64%
Merit 65% – 79%
- Distinction 80% – 100%
Add to your personal skill set and add more value to your company by completing a Managing People Certificate with The Cpl Institute.