Certified forklift training equips operators with the necessary skills and knowledge to operate forklifts safely and efficiently, minimising the risks associated with their operation.
Operating a forklift truck is a specialised skill. Many accidents are caused by untrained drivers operating trucks in ignorance of the special conditions that apply to forklifts. The Cpl Institute operates Forklift Training for beginners and experienced forklift drivers.
Why complete certified Forklift Training?
- Safety: Forklifts are powerful industrial vehicles that can cause serious accidents if not operated properly. Certified forklift training ensures that operators understand safety protocols, regulations, and best practices for operating a forklift. This training covers topics such as load handling, maneuvering in tight spaces, stability, and preventing common accidents. By completing the training, operators are equipped with the knowledge and skills to operate a forklift safely, reducing the risk of injuries and property damage.
- Legal compliance: Ireland has specific regulations and requirements regarding forklift operation as stated in the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work act 2005. In order to comply with the law, employers are required to ensure that forklift operators have completed proper training and hold valid certification. Failure to comply with these regulations can lead to legal consequences, fines, or penalties.
- Improved productivity: Forklift operators who have undergone certified training are more efficient and productive in their work. They are trained in techniques to handle loads effectively, maneuver in tight spaces, and optimize their workflow. With proper training, operators can work faster, minimise damage to goods, and reduce downtime due to accidents or errors.
- Employability: Certified forklift training enhances your employability in the industrial sector. Many employers prefer to hire operators who have completed formal training and hold valid certifications. By obtaining certification, you demonstrate your commitment to safety, your understanding of proper forklift operation, and your ability to contribute to a safe and productive work environment.
- Insurance requirements: Insurance providers often require proof of certified forklift training before providing coverage for accidents or damages related to forklift operation. By completing the training and obtaining certification, you fulfill the necessary requirements to ensure proper insurance coverage for your employer.
On completion of the course participants will be able to demonstrate safe Forklift operating skills and avoid danger to people and property.
Methods of Training:
This course is based on classroom methods and practical lessons on Forklift Trucks.
Beginner/Novice Forklift Training:
This three-day course is designed for beginners, who will receive a The Cpl Institute operators certificate, provided they achieve the required standard in the theoretical and practical tests.
Refresher Forklift Training:
This one-day course is designed for experienced operators. The Cpl Institute (TCI) certificate is awarded to participants at the end of the course provided they achieve the required standard in the theoretical and practical tests. Experienced operators who are familiar with the steering characteristics of the lift truck and have the ability to manoeuvre both forward and reverse in a confined area. They should also be experienced in load handling functions.
Courses are available for any learners wishing to pursue this certification;
- Beginners/Novice Course: 3 Days
- Refresher Training: 1 Day (evidence of previous training must be supplied for Refresher training)
Courses are administered through The Cpl Institute with training provided by qualified RTITB certified Instructors.