Ensure you know what to do in an emergency situation.
Our 1-day Emergency First Aid course will provide you with the practical and possible life-saving skills to deal with an emergency situation. Emergencies can take place in the home, in the workplace, or in community so ensure you have the skills to safely react and help until emergency services arrive.
Contact us to schedule an in-house course for your team.
Who should attend an Emergency First Aid course?
Anyone looking to learn the skills to safely react and help in an emergency situation.
This course has been broken down into four units
- Emergency First Aid Principles & Equipment
- The Primary and Secondary Survey (Adult, Child & Infant)
- Life-saving Techniques (CPR & AED)
- Common Emergency Conditions and Trauma Injuries
Upon completion of an Emergency First Aid course the student will be able to:
- Recognise and assess the causes and effects of sudden illness and/or injury
- Respond in a safe, effective, and appropriate manner to such emergencies utilising the Emergency First Aid skill set
- Retain a caring attitude in their role until emergency services arrive
You must be competent in the written and spoken language which the course is being delivered in. This is English unless otherwise indicated. Use of translators are only permitted with prior agreement from The Cpl Institute. The translator cannot be a participant on the course.
The Cpl Institute currently only provide Emergency First Aid training to persons over the age of 18.
The Emergency First Aid course is of 1-day duration.
The instructor student ratio shall not exceed 1:12.
Course participants will have their knowledge assessed at the end of the course through a short exam.
Emergency First Aid Certificate – The Cpl Institute Accredited