How you and your staff behave towards customers can help to reduce the risk of abusive and violent behaviour.
The aim of our 4-hour Dealing with Aggressive Customers course is to give participants the practical knowledge and skills required to have the confidence to deal with, control and close confrontational/aggressive situations in a safe and professional manner.
Who should attend?
All staff in your organisation who deal directly with your customers should attend this Dealing with Aggressive Customers course.
Concepts and Contexts of Behaviour
- Identify what makes a person confrontational or aggressive.
- Define the term aggression and other types of behaviour to include manipulation, assertiveness and passiveness.
- Understand cultural and attitudinal aspects of communication to include: different values and norms, tone, dialect and body language.
- Examine types of aggression to include verbal and physical threats.
Workplace Safety – Legal Aspects
- Discuss legislation and policy that support safety in the workplace:
- Safety Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005
- Dignity at Work policy
Communication and Assertiveness
- Identify how to respond when a customer becomes aggressive and how not to let it escalate.
- Consider ways to manage your own body language and tone of voice.
- Practice and demonstrate active listening skills.
- Practice and demonstrate low arousal techniques to diffuse aggressive situations (Case scenarios and role play)
An open mind and a willingness to learn.