The Cpl Institute have partnered with SGS, the world’s leading testing, inspection and certification company to provide a 1-day Quality Management Systems (QMS) Essentials course.
Adopting and developing a QMS is a strategic decision that enables organisations to continuously improve their overall performance and focus on providing customers with products and services of consistent quality.
SGS conduct ISO 9001 certification audits and are known as the global leader in certification, working with clients in virtually every sector. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
An ISO 9001:2015 audit from SGS will help your organisation to develop and improve performance so why not complete a course that is based on those audit principles so you know the processes you put in place are intertwined with the ISO 9001:2015 quality standards.
Upon completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Explain the purpose and benefits of a QMS.
- Outline the structure and content of ISO 9001:2015 and its relationship with ISO 9000.
- Explain the specific quality management-related requirements of ISO 9001:2015.
The course is broken down into 5 sessions:
- Session 1 – Introduction to the ISO 9000 series of management systems standards
- The need for and benefits of a QMS
- Management systems standards based on Annex SL
- ISO 9001:2015
- Overview of quality management
- ISO 9000 series of standards
- The process approach
- Continual improvement based on the pdca cycle
- Risk-based thinking
- Quality Management Principles
- Session 2 – ISO 9001:2015 overview – Clauses 4-6
- The structure of ISO 9001:2015
- Scope of ISO 900:2015
- Application of ISO 900:2015
- Understanding the organisation and its context
- Understanding the needs and expectations of interested parties
- Determining the scope of the QMS
- Leadership and commitment
- Customer focus
- Quality Policy
- Quality Objectives
- Organisational Roles
- Responsibilities and authorities
- Actions to address risks and opportunities
- Quality objectives and planning to achieve them
- Session 3 – ISO 9001:2015 – Clause 7
- Documented Information
- Session 4 – ISO 9001:2015 – Clause 8
- Operational planning and control
- Determination of requirements for products and services
- Design and development of products and services
- Control of externally provided products and services
- Production and service provision
- Session 5 – ISO 9001:2015 – Clauses 9-10
- Analysis and evaluation
- Internal audit; management review
- Nonconformity and corrective action
- Continual improvement
As part of the sessions there are a number of activities to complete. They include:
- Quality management principles
- Pressures on an organisation
- Risks and opportunities
- Organisational knowledge
- QMS Questionnaire
Add to your skill set and add more value to your company by completing a Quality Management Essentials course with The Cpl Institute.