This one-day Fire Safety Managers course is designed for those who have been appointed as Fire Safety Managers and recorded in company’s Fire Safety Register.
The course which meets the requirements of both the “1981 Fire Services Act” and “Regulation 9, of the Safety Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005”, will prepare managers for their role as fire safety managers in the workplace.
No public courses scheduled. Contact us to book an in-house course.
As well as legislation, the course will cover a range of fire safety management related topics as outlined below that are required under 1981 Fire Services Act and related Regulations of the Safety Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005.
Who Should Attend?
Any manager that has been appointed to Fire Safety Manager role or his/her deputy and who have overall responsibility for Fire Safety Management System within the organisation or site, such as Company Directors, HR / Health & Safety Managers, Plant/Facility Managers, Engineering/Maintenance Managers, Team Leaders and Training Officers.
On completion of this course participants will have the ability to:
- Describe Fire Safety Legislation in Ireland
- State their Duties as Fire Safety Manager
- Setup, monitor and evaluate a fire safety management programme
- Control and manage evacuation procedures and fire drills in the workplace
- State the importance of a Fire Safety Register
- Identify what Fire Safety training is required
- Recognise potential fire hazards and take appropriate actions to rectify them
- Carry out a fire risk assessment and audits
- Explain classifications of fires and extinguishment
- Establish a fire safety strategy
- Fire Safety and Health & Safety Legislation
- Fire Safety Management Programme
- Fire Safety Register and Records
- Role of Fire Safety Manager
- Staff Training
- Theory & Chemistry of Fire
- Classes of Fires & Portable Fire Fighting Equipment
- Fire Alarm System and Evacuation
- Fire Evacuation Plan
- Risk Assessment & Common Hazards
- Compartmentation and Fire Prevention
- What Elements of a Fire Safety Programme are in place
- Fire Safety Strategy
- Summary & Questions
Should have previously attended Fire Awareness and Fire Warden training.
Written test will be completed at end of course by each participant.
On successful completion The Cpl Institute will issue a Fire Safety Manager Certificate, valid for 3 years.