Learn the skills and competence to effectively design and deliver people handling instruction as a People Handling Instructor.
No public courses scheduled. Contact us to book an in-house course.
Day 1 is on ZOOM and day 2 and 3 are in class.
Who should attend:
Personnel interested in training other staff in people handling.
Avoid Manual Handling where possible
Regulation 69(a) of the 2007 Regulations states that, in order to avoid the need for manual handling of loads by employees, every employer must:
- Take appropriate organisational measures, or
- Use the appropriate means, in particular mechanical equipment
- People handling risk assessment
- People handling principles and techniques
- Planning and design of people handling training programmes
- Delivery of people handling training
Upon successful completion of this course participants will gain the skills and knowledge necessary to:
Explain the people handling risk assessment process
Describe a range of controls to avoid and reduce the risk of injury
Apply the main principles of manual handling to a range of people handling tasks
- Carry out a range of appropriate people handling techniques to include transferring, supporting, gliding, sliding, rolling, sitting and standing
- Analyse the learner’s performance of people handling techniques
- Develop people handling training programmes, to include lesson plans
- Give effective instruction in practical people handling techniques
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive a QQI Level 6 Special Purpose Award in People Handling Instruction.