Evacuation Chair Training
Evacuation chair training is essential for efficient, safe responses to emergencies. It minimises injury risks, ensures legal compliance, fosters teamwork, reduces liability, and supports accessibility.
The aim of our evacuation chair training is to equip individuals with the knowledge, skills, and confidence needed to safely and efficiently use evacuation chairs during emergency situations.
- Describe the main aspects of Legislation
- Understand the issues to consider when using an evacuation chair
- Apply the 8 principles of Safe Manual Handling when using the chair
- Adopt good working posture
- Get the person onto the chair
- Manoeuvre the chair down a stairs in a safe manner
- The Musculoskeletal System
- Ergonomics, Risk Assessment and Principles of Safe Manual Handling
- Practical Exercise
- Equip participants with the skills and knowledge to navigate emergency evacuation procedures safely.
- Decrease the likelihood of injuries to both evacuees and those assisting in the evacuation process.
- Enhance the speed and efficiency of evacuations, as employees become familiar with the proper use of evacuation chairs.
- Increased confidence can lead to a more proactive and organised approach to evacuation procedures.
3 – 4 hours
Evacuation Chair Training – The Cpl Institute (TCI)
Please let us know if participants have any specific learner requirements.