The level of claims, inspections and fines are increasing every year and there is huge pressure on organisations to ensure they comply with legislation that relates to their industry and also to their workers.
The course will help attendees to better understand and manage their legislative requirements both on an individual level and at organisational level.
Employment Law Certificate – Level 6 on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ)
- Learn about the Irish legal system and the influence of European law on Irish employment law
- Discover the impact of Data Protection and Freedom of Information in the workplace
- Acquire knowledge in the areas of discrimination, maternity, adoptive and parental leave, part-time and fixed-term work, agency work, payment of wages, the organisation of working time, pensions, health and safety, equality and privacy
- Evaluate the role of employment legislation and institutions including the function of labour relations institutions and trade unions
- Investigate the legislative framework of health, safety and welfare at work regulations
- Appreciate the legal significance of Human Resource grievance and disciplinary policies and procedure
Participants must be in the workforce over 5 years to qualify for the course
- Assignment 60%
- Examination – Theory 40%
Employment Law Certificate Grading:
Pass 50% – 64%
Merit 65% – 79%
- Distinction 80% – 100%
Add to your personal skill set and add more value to your company by completing an Employment Law Certificate with The Cpl Institute.