Online Fire Warden Training
Online Fire Warden Training
Our Online Fire Warden course is suitable for fire wardens, as an introduction to their role as a Fire Warden. Overall fire safety is the responsibility of employers and property owners.
A competent person should be appointed to assist in the implementation of fire safety procedures. This can include people referred to as fire wardens or fire officers/marshals. Our online Fire Warden course covers not just what to do in an emergency, but explains the role of fire wardens in spotting and dealing with fire hazards under normal circumstances, to make a fire less likely, and to ensure that in the event of a fire, exit routes are kept clear.
The online Fire Warden course explains how a fire starts (using the fire triangle), how it develops, and how it can be extinguished. Questions and interactive exercises, such as matching tasks, are used to prompt the user to think about how to apply the lessons learned in the course.
- Explains how the duties and responsibilities of a Fire Warden fit into the overall process of fire safety management and fire risk assessment.
- Describes how fires start and spread in order to identify and act on fire hazards, in order to prevent fires.
- Details the actions a fire warden should take on discovering a fire and on hearing a fire alarm.
- Highlights the use of Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans (PEEPs) and the appointment of buddies to assist people with additional needs during an evacuation.
Benefits to your Organisation:
- To detail the duties and responsibilities of a Fire Warden.
- To describe how fires start and spread and the importance of fire prevention.
- To outline the actions to take on discovering a fire and on hearing a fire alarm.
Although the basic principles of fire extinguisher use are explained, an online course should not be regarded as sufficient proof of competence to use an extinguisher. The emphasis of the course is on preventing fires and maintaining escape routes, and in the event of a fire, rapidly clearing the location. If an organisation’s fire risk assessment recommends that staff are trained in the use of fire extinguishers, this course should be supplemented with hands on practical training.
Please note the following when purchasing the course:
- The course will take approximately 1-hour to complete
- There is no sound associated with the course so no headphones are needed
- The course must be completed in order to obtain the certificate of completion
To purchase this online course simply book and pay online at the top right hand side, when this has been completed you will receive an email with your username and password and you will have access to the link to login and launch the course.