Our Chemical Awareness Safety Training is designed to train participants how to handle chemicals safely.
Who should attend Chemical Safety training?
Non-specialist staff who need to recognise, assess and protect themselves from chemical hazards in the workplace.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- List the routes of entry of chemicals into the body
- Identify the health effects of chemicals
- Identify warning symbols/labels
- Classify hazardous chemicals in accordance with the CPL Regulations
- Use a Material Safety Data Sheet
- Identify and use the different types of Personal Protective Equipment available and recognise the limitations of PPE
- Identify different risk and safety phrases
- Use the control methods available
- Introduction to Chemicals
- Routes of Entry of Chemicals
- Classifcation of Hazardous Substances
- Warning Signs
- Material Safety Data Sheets
- Personal Protective Equipment
Chemical Safety Training Certificate – The Cpl Institute (TCI)
Please let us know if participants have any specific learner requirements.