How you and your staff behave towards customers can help to reduce the risk of abusive and violent behaviour.
The aim of our 4-hour Managing Aggressive Customers course is to give participants the practical knowledge and skills required to have the confidence to deal with, control and close confrontational/aggressive situations in a safe and professional manner.
Who should attend?
All staff in your organisation who deal directly with your customers.
Concepts and Contexts of Behaviour
- Identify what makes a person confrontational or aggressive.
- Define the term aggression and other types of behaviour to include manipulation, assertiveness and passiveness.
- Understand cultural and attitudinal aspects of communication to include: different values and norms, tone, dialect and body language.
- Examine types of aggression to include verbal and physical threats.
Workplace Safety – Legal Aspects
- Discuss legislation and policy that support safety in the workplace:
- Safety Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005
- Dignity at Work policy
Communication and Assertiveness
- Identify how to respond when a customer becomes aggressive and how not to let it escalate.
- Consider ways to manage your own body language and tone of voice.
- Practice and demonstrate active listening skills.
- Practice and demonstrate low arousal techniques to diffuse aggressive situations (Case scenarios and role play)
An open mind and a willingness to learn.